The St. Johns Industrial Park is a Michigan Certified Industrial Park with a total of 205 acres with utilities. To become a Certified Industrial Park, the Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA) and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) developed a set of higher standards of quality characteristics and services.
The City met the high standard and protective covenant requirements with the zoning and land grading as well as the site plan/plat approval. Highways and roadway access to the park and interior sites is an important factor.
There are all-weather roads leading into and inside the park. Standards for compatible uses, types of building materials, landscaping, parking, storage, loading docks, continuous management, setback specifications and signage requirements must also be met. The City's Industrial Park was first certified in 1998 and has been recertified every three years since that time.
This exceptional Industrial Park currently has 100 acres available for new industry and/or warehousing and includes the following:
- Water: 8-inch and 12-inch mains on interior streets, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Sanitary Sewer: 8-inch mains on interior streets, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Storm Drainage: 24-inch to 60-inch drains in interior streets, one detention basin to serve all parcels, serviced by the City of St. Johns
- Electric and Natural Gas: Available on interior streets, serviced by Consumers Energy Company
- Street Lights: Available on interior streets, serviced by Consumers Energy Company
- Telephone and Cable TV: Available on interior streets, serviced by Frontier (formerly Verizon) and Charter Communications
- The city and Frontier now offer high speed, secure Internet at the city's industrial park. For more information about Frontier please contact them at their website: http://internet.frontier.com/fios-tv/
Why bring your business to St. Johns Industrial Park? Not only is this first-rate Industrial Park centrally located, but it also offers your business the following development incentives:
- All public and private utilities and streets included in purchase price
- Tax incentives
- Training funds
- Single source for all permits
- Public Industrial Park
- Fiber optice is readily available in the park
- The City will assist with applying for the MEDC Rural Mega Grant (Application)
- Topography: Gently rollingwith a 0.5% slope from SW to NE
- Soil: Loam-clay
- Present Use: Professional Offices, Engineering Functions, Manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution, Fabrication and Recycling Facility
- Neighboring Uses: Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Municipal
- Combined Tax Rate: 51.91550 mill per thousand (2009)
- Workforce: The area provides a trained workforce, serviced by Michigan Works! (Recognized nationally as the largest and most progressive workforce development association in the country)
- Certified Industrial Park - Michigan Economic Developers Association (MEDA) and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
St. Johns Industrial Park is currently home to the following thriving businesses:
- Save-A-Lot Distribution Center
- OMNI Technical Services
- Quest Software
- Spicer Group
- Hogan Trucking
- Michigan Polymer Relcaim, Inc.
- Penske Fleet Maintenance
- Martin-Brower Corporation
- Schwan's Frozen Foods
- Michigan Wire Cloth
- Innovative Polymer, Inc.
- Journey Federal Credit Union
- Avery Vision
- St. Johns Chiropratice Clinic
- DHS, LLC
Location and Transportation Access
St. Johns Industrial Park's close proximity to Lansing and East Lansing offers businesses easy access to both State Government offices and the many amenities available at Michigan State University. The park is also less than a mile from US-127, which conveniently links to major interstates and Michigan highways to Grand Rapids, Flint, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland and many other major metropolitan areas.
- Access Roads: Walker Road and Business US-127
- Highways: On Business Route US-127; M-21 is one mile South and US-127 is 3/4 mile to the North
- Airport: Approximately 20 miles to Capital City Airport in Lansing
Michigan Maps & Travel Information